2017 Jun 6th Reading Ref
New topic to study: Scrum
Highlight: What is the Future of Front End Web Development?
・User expectations on the rise.
・We’re not building pages, we’re building systems.
・The line between native and web is blurring.
・URLs are still a killer feature.
・Performance is a key player.
・CSS will get much more modular.
・CSS preprocessing will slowly fade away.
・Being good at HTML and CSS remains vital.
・Build processes will get competitive.
- The Issue with Preprocessing CSS Custom Properties
- Tracing the History of CSS Fonts
- Making Custom Properties (CSS Variables) More Dynamic
- Accessibly labelling interactive elements
- Combining fonts
- CSS Ruleset Terminology
- 11 things I learned reading the flexbox spec
- Build a Style Guide Straight from Sass ★★★
- A Love Letter to CSS ★
- Simplifying CSS Cubes with Custom Properties
- Non-linear interpolation in CSS
- CSS and the First Meaningful Paint(Video)
- Grid by Example
- CSS 布局经典问题初步整理
- Learning CSS Grids
- Enforcing CSS Syntax Style (and more!)
- Fluid Responsive Typography With CSS Poly Fluid Sizing
- 7 Sass techniques to help you write better code
- Solving the Last Item Problem for a Circular Distribution with Partially Overlapping Items ★★★
- Creative Splash Transition with CSS and SVG
- Learning CSS Grids
- Some Extremely Handy
:nth-childRecipes as Sass Mixins
- Methods for Contrasting Text Against Backgrounds
- Experiments in fixed aspect ratios
- Writing Tidy Code
- Breaking Out With CSS Grid Layout
- A Walkthrough of CSS Length Units You Can Use for Font Size
- Fun with Viewport Units
- A Modern Front-End Workflow – Umar Hansa
- A Unified Styling Language ★★★
- What is the Future of Front End Web Development? ★★★
- Design Better Data Tables
- How to Boost Usability with Intelligent Color Choices
- Easing Linear Gradients
- Mobile, Small, Portrait, Slow, Interlace, Monochrome, Coarse, Non-Hover, First
- How to Balance Information Density in Web Design
- An introduction to accessibility
- Making Your Design Optically Perfect
- Don’t mess up your grid like Medium
- The Real Effects Of Bad Web Design
- 4 Reasons Why Your Body Text Should Be Bigger
- Designing a Small Business Website: Wants vs Needs
- Breaking out with CSS Grid explained
- 4 Smart Ways to Use Illustration in UI Design
- Designing More Efficient Forms: Structure, Inputs, Labels And Actions ★★★
- Floating labels are problematic
- User-Centered Design: An Introduction
- Desktop-First Design Tips for Responsive Websites
- Design Trend: Side Navigation Is Everywhere, but Does It Work?
- 4 Ways to Use Functional Animation in UI Design
- Responsive Design for Motion
- Inspirational UI Design Ideas for Your Next Website Project
- 10 Essential Rules for UI Design
- How Many Design Options Should You Show a Client?
- Poly Shapes: A New Design Trend We Love
- Basic Patterns of Mobile Navigation
- The End of Web Forms